Petitions & Grade Appeals

Page Top Image: 

Grade Appeals

The procedure by which a student may appeal a grade is stated in the Academic Catalog.

University General Petitions

A student can formally request relief if they believe they deserve redress or exception to the University-wide rules, regulations, or policies regarding academic affairs. This is referred to as a general petition.

College Petitions

Students may petition for redress or exception to college policies or requirements. Many colleges require students to submit a petition when requesting an exception to catalog policies stating "Dean's signature required." For example, the catalog states that after the deadline to withdraw from a class, all registration changes require not only the instructor's signature, but also the Dean's signature on a Change of Schedule form.

Students should consult with their advisor to learn about the College petition process.